As you begin to explore the world again, I want to share a few things to assist you in getting back out there. It’s busy sis! Gone are the days of the ghost like airports and roadways. We, the people, are out here in these airports and streets strong. Don’t let that deter you from traveling. You can still do so and be safe.
Here are some things I wanted to share…
- Masks. In the airport and definitely on the plane (specifically Southwest) companies are serious about passengers wearing their masks during the entire flight. As one flight attendant put it,” if your drink or food is down, your mask will be up. “
- Hand sanitizer is everywhere!
- Rental Cars. Contactless pick up is the way we operated, the only time we interacted with a representative was when we were exiting and needed our contract (she was also wearing a mask).
- Hotels. Most hotels have digital keys and you can check in using the app. Your contact can be non-existent if that is what you prefer. The hotels that we stayed in, the staff wore masks. The rooms also had seals on the door to confirm they were cleaned. It appeared that one hotel had a partnership with Lysol. Some hotels have returned to breakfast buffets and some are only providing a grab and go breakfast. If you are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 you don’t have to wear a mask. Others must follow the current CDC guidelines.
- Restaurants. They are open. Some restaurants in the airports are still closed due to the pandemic so your choices may be limited. This info comes in handy if you have a long layover.
- Social Distancing. Social distancing is still being encouraged.
- If you are still nervous about the cleanliness of the hotel room, you can pack your own lysol, wipes, towels and washcloths.
- Rewards Points. It’s never too late to sign up for airline, hotel and rental car reward points. Depending on how often you travel, you can end up with free room upgrades, night stays, rental car upgrades, flights, etc.
- Purchase snacks before heading to the airport or hotel…its cheaper! You will thank me later. Lol.
- Enjoy the trip. If you are going to spend the money you might as well enjoy the trip. Everyone has a different budget but the goal is the same…to create memories that will last forever. I forgot my phone at home the morning we left for the airport and I must say, it was one of the best welcomed accidents that could have happened.
Remember, You can travel and still be safe.
Disclaimer: The travel tips above are based solely on my personal experiences while traveling. The decision to travel is based solely on the reader’s decision.